Search This Blog

Friday, April 1, 2011

4-1-11

9:30am

Today is bill day so I'm not having
fun paying all these bills. Grrrr!

At least the electric and gas bills
are coming down a little.
Gas $69
Electric $68

I called the Columbus Dispatch
to cancel our Sunday paper.
The lady asked why and I told
her because I was cutting back
my expenses.  She even offered to
lower the weekly rate of $2.79
down to $2.39 a paper a .40 cents
savings, a 15% discount.
But I was firm at the moment
with canceling it because
it will save us $145.08 a year.
At $2.39 for a weekly Sunday paper
doesn't sound like much but
when you look at how much
you are paying per year it adds up.
I can be applying this money now
towards some doctor bills.
I just wanted to show you that 
many companies would like
to keep you as customers
and will go as far as reducing
their rates.

-------------------------------


Preview Meijers ad for next week.
They seem to have some good deals
on fresh produce so stock up now
before prices go up.
Chop, blanch, and freeze what you can!
 This is a buy 10 get the 11th free sale!
So it would be like getting
11 items for .90 cents each.


1 pound carrots $1.00 
14 ounce Dole coleslaw $1.00
8 ounce mushrooms $1.00
10 ounce spinach $1.00
celery $1.00
16 ounce container tomatoes $1.00
Green Giant frozen veggies 7-10 oz $1.00
Bell peppers $1.00 each
Dole salad blends $1.00
Meijer oatmeal 18 ounce $1.00
Aunt Millies whole grain muffins 6ct. $1.00
Rediserve Chicken $1.00
John Morrell sausage $1.00
Old Orchard 100% frozen juice $1.00
24 ounce Hunts ketchup $1.00
Meijer salad dressing $1.00
Kraft barbecue sauce $1.00
Meijer zip storage bags $1.00
Meijer tissue $1.00
Arm & Hammer or Arrid deodorant $1.00
Suave shampoo or conditioner $1.00

-------------------------------- 

11:00am

Just got done caulking the rest
of the molding in the hallway.
before
after



---------------------------------
12:45pm
Well my honey just came home from
work early again.  The boss sent
him home.  I don't know what
else to do for his back/side.
I have him taking ibuprofen
for any inflammation.  He takes vicaden
for pain but it's not all that.
Plus he has the thermacare heat wraps
and the electric blanket.  

-------------------------------

2:00pm


Got all the molding in the
hallway painted.  Debating about
doing the 5 doors and trim in the hall.
Maybe I can get by with a
few touch ups instead.
This weekend
I can start cutting in and possibly
get the walls painted.


--------------------------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment