Search This Blog

Thursday, March 31, 2011

3-31-11

7:15am

I had another one of those nights again.
I woke up around 1am and probably
didn't go back to sleep til 2:30am.

My honey called off work today
due to his back/side hurting.
Doc said he could put heat on
the area that's hurting so I've hooked
him up with the electric blanket.
And when he's not in bed I got 
him some Therma Care heat wraps
for the back.
I think I'll take him out to breakfast
this morning then it's back home
for him to rest.


-----------------------------


They had Gooseberry Patch
on Fox 28 News this morning.
They had a recipe for 
Jumbo Quiche Muffins that sounded
like something I could make for
the freezer.  So might give this
a try soon.  I have some precooked
marked down Kroger bacon, my
marked down eggs I got last night,
canned biscuits are always a staple
in this house and I have leftover
Velveeta and cream cheese
or even some leftover spinach chip dip
in it's place.
I'd bake in the muffin pans, allow
to cool, then place in ziploc
gallon baggies and put in the freezer.
Microwave to warm up.

Jumbo Quiche Muffins
by Gooseberry Patch - Christmas in the Country
Ingredients
16.3-oz. tube refrigerated flaky buttermilk biscuits
1/2 c. cream cheese, softened and divided
4 eggs, beaten
1/4 t. seasoned salt
1/4 t. pepper
6 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
1/2 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
Directions
Place each biscuit into a greased jumbo muffin cup; press to form a well. Combine cream cheese, eggs, salt and pepper. Spoon 2 tablespoons of mixture into each biscuit well; sprinkle with bacon and top with cheese. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes, or until golden. Serves 8.
---------------------------------

11:45am
Mom stopped by this morning
and brought us more food freebies
from the senior recreation center.
2 red, 2 green and 1 yellow bell peppers,
head of lettuce, container of grape tomatoes,
6 ears of corn and a large round
layer bakery style cake.  This will
be put in the freezer for Jonathan's 
birthday in about 5 weeks.




 ------------------------------------

MAIL CALL

UPS came today.
I got a box from Avon with 
4 freebies in it.  I was one of the
It just so happened that I had
a recent Avon book with
me I picked up in the Urgent Care's
waiting room.
So take a gander
at how much each tube or container costs.
Can you say...WOO HOO for freebies!!!







--------------------------------

Tonight's supper

cheesy tuna & noodle casserole
with green beans & bacon
and garlic bread.

1 jar Ragu double cheddar sauce
(.10 cents- from the $1.00 box
I got at the flea market)


1 pkg noodles
(.10 cents- from the $1.00 box
I got at the flea market)

2 pouches of tuna fish
(got free from a friend)

can of green beans
(free from Tony's work)

1/2 box of precooked bacon
(.49 cents)

salt, pepper, diced onion,
malt vinegar.

1/2 loaf of garlic bread
(freebie as it was leftover
from another meal)

Total cost: .69 cents
serves 5 @ .13 cents a serving!!

Along side of supper I made
breakfast for tomorrow.
This is the muffin recipe
from Gooseberry Patch.
I made it just like I mentioned 
and sprinkled some crispy fried
on top.








No comments:

Post a Comment