Search This Blog

Thursday, March 24, 2011

3-24-11

8:45am

It's hard to believe that yesterday
the temperature in the truck
said it was 71 degrees out.
Windows were open, jackets were off
and one of my kids was wearing shorts.
Then this morning the weather
channel said it's 30 but feels
like 20 degrees out!  Now it's
back to hats, gloves and Winter coats!
YUCK!

I'm trying to get the energy up
to paint another wall in the dining room.
My legs are hurting some.  I think
it's from going up and down the ladder.
Little by little.  Slow and easy.

----------------------------------------

10:00am

I got the lower dining room wall
faux painted.  This is not an easy thing
to do.  I tried it last night and just
wiped it all clean again. I was getting
uneveness from one side to the other.
So this morning I started all over and
started in the middle working my way
to the edges.  It's not as dramatic as
the pictures make it seems.  
And of course the camera has a hard
time picking up the actual colors.
It's a blondish color but the photos
make it look tan.
I still have to paint the upper
part of the wall above the chair rail
and touch up the white trim.
I did a base coat of camel.

I used a yellow tinted faux
glaze that I picked up at
a yard sale for $1.00 along
with cinnamon and vintage white
craft paint from Walmart for
$1.00 each.


----------------------------------


11:30am


Another wall painted!
Well, except for a few touch
ups on the trim on the bottom.
Paints still wet so shows
the flash reflection.
My arms sure are getting tired!
Think I call it quits for now
with painting til later on.





--------------------------------


6:15pm


Supper tonight was breakfast.
We had fried potatoes
and an omelette.
I sauted up some onions
and green bell peppers,
added cubed up ham and
4 cheese Mexican blend
shredded cheese in the omelette.
Mine has Frank's Red Hot Sauce
on it :0)
I thought by making this I would
use up the last of the leftover ham.
I still have 3/4ths of a container left.
I might use it on pizza for tomorrow's
supper.  That'll be 6 meals so far
that I've use the ham for.


---------------------------


I think men are color blind, lol.
My honey tells me tonight he
can't see much difference between
the old paint color and the new.
This is what I told him as we were
standing in between the living and
dining room-
I said there is a difference!
Now picture a sunny beach, pointing him 
in the direction of the living room, 
this is the yellow sun.
 Now look into the dining room,
this is the golden sandy beach.
Now all we need to do is throw
in some blue waters, LOL!
In due time it'll all be a sandy beach. 

---------------------------------

9:00pm


Started spray painting my table/shelf
I got last week.  Remember what it 
looked like before I had it transferred 
into an LCD TV stand.
Well Tony and another guy at
work got it all cut today for me
and even put it back together.
The shelves inside were cut in half.  
And I have the half pieces from the
sides that were cut off.
I still need to paint those
but will do tomorrow.  Those
will be used as extra support
inside the shelf if we need them.
The shelf stand is now cut down
to half size.


10:00pm


Got the shelf under the tv.
I like the tv sitting up higher.
Tomorrow I can
work on getting all the components
put on the shelf.  Not something
I feel like doing at the moment
considering the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment