Search This Blog

Sunday, March 20, 2011

3-20-11

9:30-10:30am

While half of the house was asleep
I decided to paint
some of the bottom trim on the walls.
I cut up a pop box and used it along
the bottom edge along the carpet.
It's free compared to the price of painter's tape!
Before painting the baseboards
I took a damp rag and wiped them all
down first to remove any dust.
I also used the rag to remove any
debris, fuzz or crumbs that was laying
in the crease of where the carpet
met the trim.
And yes I used this lil ole craft paint
brush to do the bottom trim!









---------------------------------------


12:00pm


This morning for breakfast,
or should I say lunch considering the time,
I had a change of plans.
Yesterday mom gave us a box
of Jimmy Dean ham & cheese
sandwiches.  She had a coupon for
buy 1 get 1 free.  They ate the first box
and weren't impressed with them
and gave us the other box.
The reason they didn't like them
was because the bread was mushy
or rubbery.  So I got out the Hot Pocket
microwave crisper sleeves I had saved
and put the breakfast sandwiches in them.
They didn't turn out too bad.
The bread was not mushy and a little
crisper. 

-----------------------------------------

Tomorrow morning's plans
with mom:
I want to go get a gallon of
Sherwin William paint
and have them match it to the paint
sample swatch I have, Camel.
Then I would like to go to Habitat.
I want to see if they have any torch
lights or any decorative pieces
I can use on the lights I have now.
And maybe see if they have some
spray paint I can use on them.
The brass look ain't working for me, lol.

1:30pm
Got the bird feeders put up 
yesterday and filled.
Had a little delay with getting
them up because the shepherd's hook
was buried underneath a wood pile
behind the shed.
This should make for some awesome
pictures considering the feeders
are just right outside our front room window!
Female Cardinal.


2-2:30pm

Here is how I stretch out my
cleaning supplies.
I LOVE Mr. Clean and get
the pourable bottle with NO sprayer!
I think it was around $2.50 a bottle
BUT that bottle will last me a 
LONG time!
Here's how-
I pour a little Mr. Clean into 
a spray bottle then fill the rest
with water.
Let's say you could make 20
diluted bottles of cleaner.
That would mean each bottle
would only cost .12 cents to make!!
I started dusting and cleaning
my ceiling fan.  Never can figure
out how gunk can adhere itself
to a moving fan.  We let it pretty
much run 24-7.
I took down all the globes
and washed them in soap and water.
Boy it makes a difference.
Before and after.
My arms and neck are hurting now
because It's not fun trying to
clean off those fan blades.
Before & After.

Whelp it's time to go change the
laundry over.  Can't wait til
it warms up and I can dry laundry
on the outdoor line again
to save on the electric bill.
Electric bill is starting to come
down some with the weather
not being so cold.  Running around $69
for the past month. Yeah we have
gas heat but it still takes electric
to run that blower in your furnace.

------------------------------------------

2:30-3:15pm

Got laundry switched over.

Started a pot with the ham bone
in it.  Mixed in the leftover broth
from yesterday and added a can
of chicken broth.
Will remove ham from bone
after it boils for a bit.
Then will add in celery, onions,
seasoning and a large jar of
mixed beans.

Saw a few more birds in the front
yard and at the feeder.
House Finch

Robin

Blue Jay

4:15pm

Got a couple loads of laundry done
and still working on a few more.

Got the ham cut off the bone.
It's been boiling this whole time.
Threw in some diced onion,
celery, Mrs. Dash, seasoning salt,
basil, couple cloves of garlic,
and diced up carrots.
So let's try to break everything
down for cost.
$1.20 for ham 
onions .25 cents
celery- free (leftovers)
garlic- .05 cents
seasonings- .05 cents
carrots- free 

Total cost to make: $1.55
Will make about
2 meals and 2 lunches 
so 10 servings
@ .15 cents a serving!! 

I also made up 12 breakfast sandwiches.
Rolls- free
3 slices of cheese, quartered- .42 cents
5 slices of ham- $1.55
3 eggs- .24 cents

Makes 12 servings 
@ .18 cents a serving!!

I had some leftover carrots
from the soup so I added them 
to the leftover cheesy shells
from yesterday and put them
in the freezer. Saving up all those
leftover veggies and pasta.
Once I have enough they'll
all get thrown into a pot
to make a veggie & pasta soup.

Freaky picture alert, lol.
What happens when you suck
on blue colored candy,
with a few tweaks of the photo,
SCARY!

6:35pm

Was tidying up the living room
and wanted to remove a vase of
artificial flowers out of my window 
sill.  I wasn't sure what to do with them.
So I put them outside in the flower
pots on our front step.
First day of Spring needs some
Tulips and Irises even if they are fake, lol.

-----------------------------

8:00pm

Got these items FREE at
Kroger this evening with coupons.
Would have cost $12.58.

-Just For Men hair color
($6.89)

-Aunt Jemima frozen pancakes
($2.69)

-6 Peanut Butter eggs
(.50 x's 6 = $3.00)

------------------------------
9:20pm

Got two more hair cuts 
done tonight.
These are before their showers
so they are pretty hairy after
the hair cut.
Christopher, before & after.

Jonathan, before & after

And my day ain't over with just 
yet.  I still have a couple loads
of laundry to do and put away.
Still need to lay out clothes for everyone
for tomorrow.   

10:50pm
How bad have you got it?

That you sew the holes in your socks
instead of buying new ones!

Diabetic socks are not cheap
so I try to repair them
if I can to make them last longer.


No comments:

Post a Comment