Search This Blog

Thursday, March 17, 2011

3-17-11

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!


This morning me and mom went
to Walmart.  I got some curtain clips($2.99)
(I couldn't find mine).
I also had two coupons for free
boxes of foam hair coloring.
2 boxes would have cost $16! 
I also needed some toilet paper.
At first I picked up a double roll
6 pack of quilted northern tp for $4.
I then put it back and got a 4 pack
of Scotts tp for $4.
Mom asked why I didn't get the 6
pack for $4 since it had more rolls
than the Scotts.
I looked to see how many square
feet each package of tp had.
The Northern had something like
160 sq ft.
The Scotts had 419 sq. ft.
Even though it was a 4 pack I 
was getting more toilet paper
when compared to the 6 pack of Northern.
 
So there's a tip when shopping
for toilet paper and getting
the best bang for your buck!


From Walmart we headed over
to Lowes to get some wood putty
since Walmart didn't carry it.
It ran around $3 a small tub.
Now I can get started on
filling in any gaps on our
molding trim along the ceilings.
We also stopped in Big Lots
to kill some time before going
out to lunch.  I found a fine sanding
block for $1.50 there.


Lastly we went to KFC for lunch.
Mom got 2 pieces of chicken,
a side of mashed potatoes,
a biscuit and drink.
I got a regular shredded BBQ chicken sandwich,
a side of mashed potatoes
and a drink.
Total including tax with mom's
senior discount was 
$5.99 for everything!!
We saved $4.00-$5.00.

-------------------------------

11:50am


I was going to try and put the
curtain clips on my curtains.
I got one on out of 14.
I can barely pinch these suckers
they are that hard to do!
Gonna need some help from
my honey tonight.

----------------------------------

More uses for your dishwasher.


-ballcaps
-action figure toys in a mesh bag
on top rack.
(no barbie as she'll end up with a bad
hair day!)
-rain boots minus liner
(no crock boots)
-tools with metal or plastic
handles, dry soon after washing
to prevent rust.
-ceramic cabinet knobs
in silverware basket.
-plastic combs or hair brushes.
No wood handles or natural bristles.
Remove all hair so as to not to clog drain.
-Fan grilles or switch plates.
No enameled or painted ones though.
-Shin guards, knee pads &
mouth guards.
-Light fixtures
no painted or antique ones.
-Wash potatoes in top rack
on rinse cycle, no detergent.
 --------------------------------------

Tonight's supper

Fried cabbage with Italian sausage.

3:30pm
I officially started painting.
It's only the trim though.
Got the pass through window done.
It's done in Sherwin William's
Dover White.  It's a creamy white color.
If you look really
close you can see where I 
started from the bottom
and the old paint is towards
the middle and top.
I'm trying to be patient with
all this painting as I have so much
of it to do.  I don't want to have to paint
for quite awhile so want it done right.
So much trim! Will include window
trim, ceiling molding, bottom of
wall moldings and some doors.
And that's just the creamy white paint
and does not include the actual wall paint.
And we've even discussed the possibility
of painting the ceiling as well.
Ahhh!

Now I need to start on
filling in and evening out the cracks
where pieces of molding meet
up with one another.
I am using wood putty that
is sandable and paintable
which I will do once it dries.
This putty does not shrink or crack
once dry.
And to think I have a whole living
and dining room and hallway to do.
Don't that sound like fun!
I've tried the caulk and it 
didn't work.



4:30-7:00pm


Supper didn't go exactly as planned.
Turns out I didn't have the Italian
sausage I thought I had.
In it's place I used cut up pepperoni
slices.
I fried up the cabbage in some
fat free Italian dressing,
pepperoni, onions, Mrs. Dash
seasoning and parmesan cheese.


I knew the kids didn't like cabbage
so I found a bag of homemade
ravioli in the freezer, boiled that up
and then mixed a can of cream of
chicken with a little milk & velveeta cheese
for the sauce.

While waiting on supper
I worked a little on the molding
and wood putty.  I have learned
that with wood putty it's easier to
use a wet rag instead of a sanding
block to smooth out the rough edges.


 We also got the curtain clips on.
It took a pair of pliers to pry those
things open and another person
feeding the fabric into them
to get it done.



--------------------------------


Free sample
Frosted Mini Wheats with a touch of fruit.


---------------------------


I got the chair rail painted tonight.
Put on two coats.
I don't think it turned out too bad
and you can't see where the two
pieces of molding came together.


No comments:

Post a Comment