Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

3-15-11

8:30am

Don't this look yummy!
. 

----------------------------------------------

 One of my favorite places
to obtain coupons is Speedway.
Here's some recent coupons
I found there-






--------------------------------------

9:40am

I am starting to work on 
getting some curtains made with
the fabric I got yesterday.
I noticed the fabric wasn't cut
even so I used a 90 degree angle,
which was my wooden shelf.
I laid it against the edge til it
was even.  Now will mark the fabric
and will cut.  The ends should
be straight now.
  


--------------------------------------

11:30am

Still working on my curtains.
I got the two panels cut.
I decided I didn't want hem lines
so didn't do any hem since
I wanted to keep the fabric flowy.
I ran a straight stitch 
around all the edges.
 
Then trimmed off the frayed edges.
 
And lastly I took a flame
from my lighter around all 
the edges to kind of melt the 
fibers so there would be no
more fraying.





I didn't make rod pockets either.
I plan to get some cafe curtain
clips and hang them that way
across the rod.
Here's an example of curtain clips.
They run $2.99 for a pkg of 14
at Kmart.  I have some somewhere.
Let's see if I can find them, lol.



 12:10pm

Curtains temporarily hung up
for now with safety pins.
I love how they let in a golden
glow of light yet still retain privacy.
Makes it feel light, fresh and airy
in here after having heavy drapes
up from Winter.
I think I'm leaving out
the wooden valance since
it weighs the wall & window area down.
Total cost to make my own curtains-
$2.99.
Better pictures of these will come
when everything else gets done 
around here :0)
This is kinda like a sneak peek.





12:30pm

Mom stopped by to give me
some free bread from the senior center.




As I was standing at the front door
talking to her I saw that our neighbor
three doors down had kids stuff
sitting at the curb.  I spied a wagon!
So after mom left I went to the house
and there was someone in the backyard.
I asked the lady if I could have the wagon.
She said I could take whatever I
wanted.  I only got the wagon to do
yard or garden work.  The kids let
other kids borrow the one I had
and I never saw it again!  GRRR!
Used wagons are not cheap let alone
new ones.  This is a John Deer.
 
Me and my neighbor lady talked
for a few moments and she also
said they were getting rid of
their yard swing-
I said I'll take it!!
So sometime me and Tony
will have to get it out of
their backyard. 
It doesn't have an awning
which I don't care because
I have a shaded yard.
I don't have a picture but from
a quick glance I think it was
a two seater with a table in
between the seats.  The cushions
will need to be recovered which
is not a problem for me :0)
Oooh ooh I know, remember me
telling y'all I found a pretty vinyl
tablecloth at Tony's work.
I could use that to recover the cushions.
I could use it for the top
fabric on the cushions at least.
I think this is what it looks
like minus the awning.
Now the kids can have their
own swing!  You should see 4 of
us trying to squeeze on the one we
have.  (which was freecycled!)
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEip6xuYBVoEzPDPbmpB_v8tTISkOakH8oYuxIlmpgjMsYgxjNItCi5vOQlmnY9VyrT6cf85iXx9yDd5pJ3nPqGK-rdfj2T9jzrxgaFK1i-JvnzQk0A-2ePVZJd17n-0SuRrHM4Mc4AoF6Hl/s1600/DSC09383.JPG 

-------------------------------------------

Tin can seed starters for garden.
Great way to recycle those
cans from fruits & veggies.
This year we are considering moving our
garden along the chain link fence.
It will be the same side of the yard
that the water barrels are on.
I could connect a soaker hose onto
the rain barrels and run it down the slope
of the yard along the fence where I
want the garden to go.
Soaker hoses at Lowes go for
$9.86 for 25 feet
$12.06 for 50 feet
and $14.98 for 75 feet.
You could probably make your
own with an old garden hose
with many holes poked into it.

-------------------------------------- 

Here's a pretty cool idea of
how to reuse glass jars like
those from spaghetti or peanuts.
You need some dimensional 
and glass paint.
LANTERN JARS

---------------------------------

7:30pm

Tonight was action packed,
the most action I've ever seen in a
grocery store!  We were in Karl Rd.
Kroger checking out when I heard
something crash to the ground. I looked up 
and saw a man run by the area
in front of the checkout.  I hear
someone yell, "GET HIM!"
This man doubles back around
to the backside of the checkouts.
I hear displays crashing down.
I was a little freaked out thinking
please don't cut through our lane,
please God don't let him cut through
our checkout lane!  Because he wasn't
letting nothing or no one stop him
or get in his way.  There's about
5-6 other people chasing him. 
He finally comes full speed past the 
front of our checkout and another
man customer tackled him really 
hard into the ice cooler by
the rest rooms.  This didn't stop him
and he ran out the side door.
He got away into the parking lot
and was never caught.
I was a little freaked out going
out to the truck with our groceries
but security and other employees
were standing out front looking for him.
I found out this man they were
trying to catch has been banned
from the store for stealing.
He was trying to steal beer tonight.
That must of been the first
crashing sound I heard, him
dropping the beer before running.
It was like watching something
off of True TV but it was happening
right before our eyes.  
I know the kids were in awe
with mouths hitting the floor
watching this whole episode happen.
I and the bagger girl were scared.
You just never know who might
have a weapon on them
and what they could do with
so many people around.
He was like a trapped wild
animal trying to get out of there!
Usually there are elderly people near
the front of the store coming
in to get their prescriptions.
I thank God there wasn't any
at that moment because that 
man would have knocked them down.
Hell everyone was trying to grab
this man and he was doing everything
he could to get away.


----------------------------


9-10:00pm


My hands have fallen asleep
before I could tonight, lol.
I've been rolling 152 diapers
for a diaper cake.
I've been sniffing the diaper
box and diapers, lol.
I don't know why but
new baby diapers smell so good,
about like puppy's breath.


151 diapers to go, 151 diapers,
take one down and roll it around,
150 diapers to go, wheeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment