Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

3-16-11

9:00-10:30am

You just never know what I may
be doing around here, lol.
One day I'm making curtains, painting,
baking, gardening, organizing, housework
and the next day I could be
making crafts and gifts.
Always a surprise around every corner, lol.

Anyway I worked on getting the
basic part of the diaper cake structure
made.  Last night I rolled all the diapers.
My friend gave me a stuffed
animal to go on top of this cake
and it came in what looked like
a pretty hat box.  I decided to
incorporate that hat box into 
the cake and it is filled with
more rolled diapers.
I'm thinking I could put the 
recipients photos on that round box. 
It's a big cake.  I've got a small 
bottle in the photo for size.
Picture if you stacked two
8 ounce bottles and a 
4 ounce bottle on top of one
another and added a stuffed
animal on top.  That is how tall it is.
Another time and day I'll add
ribbon and accessories around
the sides and decorate it.

The last cake I did had about
90 diapers.
This one has 152 diapers!
I went through 2 packages
of rubber bands when rolling
them all.

Oh, I didn't have any large
rubber bands so I use what
looked like thin gauge wire,
or floral wire, to wrap 
the layers of diapers with.

---------------------------------------------

3:30pm


Supper tonight will be 
Ham & Bean Soup.
I had a container of it in the freezer.
Will make up a batch of cornbread to go with it.


I also want to make some cookies
tonight.  I got a craving for cookies
after looking at about 15 boxes
or so of cookie mix in my pantry, lol.

----------------------------------------

4:30pm


Made up a batch of
Raspberry & Cream Cheese cookies.
Something I made up.

How bad have you got it?


That you use your extra
paint chip sample cards
as mini grocery lists.
-------------------------------------


Just got an email from my father-in-law
regarding a tv converter box we had.
Sounds like my honey told them we
had one that they could have.
It kind of upset me.  Yeah we did
find a tv converter box and an
antenna.  I put it up and was saving
it for if we ran across really hard
times and needed to cancel our cable.
These things could cost about
$40 for the box and who knows
how much for the antenna.
When confronting my honey about
it he said well if your mom needed
one you would give it to her.
And my thoughts (in my head only
as I didn't speak this out loud)
is if they could recently afford
a newer motor home, and currently are 
planning trips to stay in Florida for a couple
months at a time, and afford newer
vehicles (along with a trike motorcycle, pontoon boat, mobile home on the lake along with another home), then they sure as hell 
could afford a cable box!!
Something we could not afford
if we got to that point of needing one!
Am I wrong for thinking this?!

------------------------------------

Well Tony just told me his work just did
away with giving them extra
gas money on their checks
when they go on call.
This is BS. This is a multi million dollar
company and they can't even fork
out $100 each month for their employees
that go on call for them and use
their own vehicles??!!
They used to get an extra $25
for gas money when they went on call.
And now that gas prices are going crazy
they really could use the extra money.


5:30-7:00pm


One hair cut down.  Only
three more to go, ahhh!

BEFORE 
AFTER


.All the boys are outsidecleaning on the car.
The weather is supposed to
be somewhat nice the rest
of this week and into next.
Should see upper 50's,
60's and possibly 70 degrees
by Monday, woo hoo! 
 
 
Damien's car.


I saw our wild bunny for the
first time this year this evening.
Hope it's a sign that Spring is near!


No comments:

Post a Comment