Search This Blog

Friday, March 25, 2011

3-25-11

8:20am

I started working on getting
all the cable/dvr & surround
boxes in the tv shelf.  I figured
since the tv/sofa table was already
pulled out I should go ahead and
paint the wall behind it.  So I have
started cutting in then will work
on the trim this morning.
So here is the before pictures.
And yes it's official, I have wiped out
my living room. 
Hey, is that HGTV on the TV?
LOL

11:20am
I did 3 coats of white paint
on the bottom trim, 1 coat
on the top molding and
then a coat on the walls.
Once again color is not true in photos.
Now I need to tie up some wires
hanging below the tv.
Watching The Quick And The Dead, lol.
I started watching it last night
but fell asleep.


Tony called this morning asking
when the kids go on Spring break.
He's putting in for one of his
vacations then.  Maybe we'll head
down to Hocking Hills for a few
days who knows.
Last year we went early June.
I just hope it's not raining in the 
later part of April!
I got 3 weeks to plan for it.


12:30pm


I got all the wire twisty tied up
underneath the tv stand.
Before
After
Still debating if I want the 
surround speakers on the shelf
above the tv. 

5:00pm 

Supper tonight-

Earlier this week mom had gotten
me free onion buns and
a loaf of French bread.
 The 8 onion buns were smushed
flat so had to think of another
way to use them.
My smooshed onion buns.
I flipped them over to the backside,
spread on some ranch dressing.
And added all these toppings-
4 cheese Mexican blend shredded cheese,
pepperoni, ham, green peppers, onions,
garlic powder, Italian seasoning
and parmesan cheese.

I cut the French bread in half
and added ranch dressing,
pepperoni, ham, garlic powder,
Italian seasoning & parmesan cheese.

Total cost to make all the above:
$4.60!
Serves 12 @ .38 cents a serving.
Lots cheaper than ordering pizzas!!

----------------------------------
Well we played the lottery today,
actually Tony went in with others
at work.  They got 90 sets
of numbers.  
We don't normally play the lottery.
This is a once in a blue moon
thing for us.
Lottery is at $312 million at the moment.
----------------------------------

7:15pm

Just back from Kroger.
Needed some milk.
Found16 ounce containers
of ranch and spinach dip
for .59 cents each,
a package of pork chops for $2.86
and lastly 3 Cadbury eggs
and 3 peanut butter eggs which
were free with coupons.
--------------------------------

8:30-9:15pm

Got more molding painted,
the front door frame painted
and some wood putty put into
any cracks.

Here's each side of the hallway.
I got about 1/3rd done down each side.
The other 2/3rds needs caulked along
the edges since that never got done
since we put it up.
I know it's a lot of the same ole same ole
here lately.
I am one person doing all 
these projects!  So are showing that
anyone could be capable of doing
things themselves to save money.

The door frame.
The upper molding 
painted on the front wall
of the living room.

Ok it's 9:30 so it's quitting time
for me.   Bed time is lurking
just around the corner.
At the moment watching
Ghost Adventures.  It's an ok
show.  I like my Ghost Hunters
better.


No comments:

Post a Comment