Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

3-30-11

7:25am

Last night I took one Tylenol PM
before bed to help me sleep through
the night.  While I slept good, I 
feel as though I am having a hard
time waking up this morning.

-------------------------------------



The Northland Village's Menards
mega store is opening sometime in April.
Menards is located where the old
Sears building sat when Northland
Mall was still around.
Check out the news story here.
--------------------------------

8:30am

Put some pollock fish fillets
in a casserole dish with 
some stir fry sauce.
I set it in the fridge to marinate
til supper time.

------------------------------------


----------------------------------------

9:30am


Woo hoo, my honey just called
from work to say he found me some
curtain rod brackets in the apartment
he's working in.  I really needed
these to hang up my living room curtains
the proper way.  My rod is currently
resting upon a couple drywall screws.
Hey, whatever works, right, lol.
By him finding this for me will have
saved me $5 for a set plus my time
and gas to go to the store.
Iron Brackets, Rings, Tubes 

--------------------------------------


9:40am

 Since I'm feeling a little groggy this 
morning I decided not to paint 
any walls.  Instead I'm working
on caulking the molding in the hallway
that never got done since we installed it.
The rest of the house I used a caulk gun.
With this hallway all my honey was
able to get me was tube caulk.
It's going a little slow with this stuff.
But hey it's better than nothing!
This caulk is paintable.
Here are some before photos.
You can see the gaps above, below
and in corners of the molding.
This is because it's an older house
and the walls are uneven due to
when it was made or even settling.
Or from people who are not
professionals at doing this kind of stuff.
This is where you use caulk
to fill in those gaps to make
it look better.



10:25am 
Got almost half the hallway caulked.
Needed a break as my neck was starting
to hurt.
I just wanted to add that to put molding
up around the living & dining room
and around the hallway and to
use as a chair rail cost
us $30!!  We found the trim at Habitat.


--------------------------------




I found another new thrift store
that just recently opened.
This is for those of you in the
Pataskala, Blacklick & Reynoldsburg
areas.

2nd Hand Is Best 

We are now open for business, we are a new store and we something for everyone. We have clothes, toys, baby items, household items, jewelry, furniture, electronics and more come check us out. We take consignments and donations. 614-769-0103

12986 National Rd Sw
Pataskala, Oh 43062
10-6:30 everyday except mondays
On the corner of Mink St and Main St

 
------------------------------------

 Anyone see any problems
with these pictures?!
Makes me want to crawl back
into bed and under the covers.

I am sooo tired of these 4 letter words-
Cold & Snow!!
I would prefer these instead-
Warm, Nice, and
I'd even take Rain at this point. 

5:00pm

5:30pm

Supper.
 
Pollock fish fillets marinated
in stir fry sauce.  I then took a
leftover bag of chips that had nothing
but crumbs in it and combined it
with the last bit of leftover
cheddar cheese.  I then sprinkled
this on top the fillets and baked.
I served it with organic mac & cheese
and with a microwaved potato topped
with spinach dip and a little
parmesan.
 ----------------------------------

7:45pm

Had to run to Krogers
and get Tony's prescription.
Sounds like he might call off
work tomorrow due to him
experiencing a lot of pain
in his back and side.
The Vicadins don't seem to
take the pain away.


While at Kroger I
found 2 half gallons milk marked
down to .89 cents each
and only 1 gallon at $1.38.
Also got  two 64 ounce Light Ocean
Spray cranberry juice.
On sale for $2.28 and there was 
a $1.00 coupon on it making
it $1.28 each.
A dozen jumbo eggs for .99 cents
and once again I got 8 more
Reeses peanut butter eggs free with coupons.

I'm sure food prices are going to
start getting stupid soon.
We passed by a gas station and saw the
price rose .11 cents since yesterday
to $2.65 a gallon. It was $2.44.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment