Search This Blog

Monday, March 14, 2011

3-14-11


7:30am

This time change sure is difficult.
Everyone is having a hard time
waking up this morning.

My hip's still hurting. 
Walking around like I got
a peg leg groaning with every step.
I was gonna start caulking the
ceiling molding today to start
prepping for paint but not
too sure if standing on a ladder
would be in my best interest at 
the moment.

--------------------------------

9:00am
Mom called this morning wanting
to know if I wanted to go
to the thrift store with her.
I went in hopes of finding fabrics
for my wooden valance and
to make some curtains.
I took along my paint chip
to compare colors to.
Here is what I found.
Camera doesn't want to seem
to pick up true colors but
the striped fabric has a sage
green and camel color stripe.
It was $2.99.  Has the feel
of a fabric shower curtain
but is not a shower curtain
as there are no holes.
There's about 2 yards there.
The other fabric is around the same
camel color.  It was $1.99
and was found in the fabric
area of the store.
There's at least 3 or 4 yards there.
Enough to make curtains
and cover chair pads if need be.
I also found 3 valances for
.99 cents each.
Colors are so off in this photo.
The red is a rusty red.
The background is not white
and is more of a cream
and the greens are a sage color.
I'm trying to stay within
a Tuscan colored theme between
the living & dining room
and kitchen so they all flow together.
Also roosters & chickens
can be considered Tuscan. 

------------------------------------


12:20pm


Well I'm gonna pop a few ibuprofen
and get a nap in.

I'm sure everyone else will want
an early bedtime tonight.
The kids were in slow mo 
this morning due to the time change.
Jonathan was saying he wanted
to come straight home after
school instead of staying for tutoring
because he was so tired.


---------------------------------------------


2:30pm


I decided not to use the sage and
camel striped fabric in the living 
room.  It doesn't go with the rug
in the dining room.
The other light camel
colored fabric still will be used
for curtain panels.
Maybe I can use the striped 
fabric in the bathroom.


I'm so loving my chicken & rooster
valance in the kitchen.  It brings
in much more light than the last
one I had hanging up.


-------------------------


I saw Paula Deen making
this One Eyed Sailor Toast
on the food channel today.
Her recipe also includes
a cheesy sauce to put over top.
Might have to try this in the
near future.


---------------------------------


Tonight we have to go to
a used tire place and have a tire
fixed on the blue TA.
We've been in contact with Tony's
brother about wanting to buy the
car and putting the pressure on
him to give us a decision very soon
due to the fact we need the money
for doctor bills.


-----------------------------------


Still doing some more tinkering around
here to see how things will look.
I draped the fabric I bought
up on the curtain rod.  I'm not liking
the white wood valance so maybe
thinking I could paint it the same
color as the new wall paint, camel.
Of course not true to color
for the fabric.  See other photo
below it for better color of what
it looks like without flash
The wood valance looks too short
in my opinion, we'll see how it goes
to see if I use it or not.



------------------------------------


I know I always talk about
buying cheap but sometimes
cheap always isn't better when
it comes to some things.
For years I've been using cheap gel
dishwasher detergent.  
Recently I splurged and bought
the Cascade Pacs.  Not the 
swirled ones.  
There was 20 pacs in one package
and it was $3.99.
We run the dishwasher about
3 times a week with full loads.
So it would take 7 weeks to use
this one package.  So when you
look at it this way it doesn't
seem too expensive.
The Cascade Swirl Pacs
run about the same price but
come in packages of 40 for $7.99 at Kroger.


The Cascade Pacs made a difference
in how clean our dishes got, almost
all food on dishes was gone and
they came out really shiny!
no residue like the cheap stuff.
We used the Cascade with bleach.




------------------------------

7-8:00pm
Was sitting here watching
Two And A Half Men.
Sucks that this show won't have 
any more new episodes.
Sorry Charlie!
I think the show should
go on and be called
One And A Half Men!

It's only 8pm and I'm ready
for bed.  Already have one kid
in his room laying in his bed
watching tv.  

Hey Tony was actually talking
to me tonight about how we
could cut down these walls in the
kitchen.  Well not completely,
at least to the upper parts of the counters
so as to make them an island.
Make more of an open space 
floor plan.
One friend of ours that Tony
works with went to school
to be an architect.  We might
have him come over sometime
and crawl up in our attic
to verify that the wall
we would like to cut out
aren't load bearing.  We've been
told by other homeowners
on the street they are not.
I'd rather be safe than sorry,
ya know what I mean.

The reason Tony wasn't
interested in me wanting
to have the wall removed before
is because that's where I stored
some of our food on a large shelf.
BUT now that I've found my
pantry linen closet it might
be a different story because I
have no use for that wall anymore.
-----------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment