Search This Blog

Sunday, March 27, 2011

3-27-11

I have 2 bags of grapes
I got free.  There's so many of
them I don't think they are getting
eaten fast enough before they go
bad.  I plan to remove them all
from their stems, put in a collander
and give a good cold rinse, place them
all in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
Then put in freezer. Once frozen, remove
and place inside a large ziploc bag.
Frozen grapes can be eaten as a cold
treat, placed in a fruity drink, water
or even a punch bowl at a party
as ice cubes or used in smoothies
or salads.
As an added treat once you wash them
you could roll them in sugar before
freezing.

I sprinkled the grapes with
Apriva, Kroger's brand of Splenda.

--------------------------

10:45am

Breakfast-
Our favorite!
I've been making this for 
at least 10-11 years now.
Fry up a pound of sausage,
our favorite is Bob Evans
maple sausage.
You could add in a small chopped
onion and bell peppers if desired.
Once the sausage is browned you
can either leave the grease in the pan
or drain it.  If you drain it then
you need to add either butter,
oil or I have even used Italian
dressing to fry the potatoes with.
Gives it a good flavor!
I boiled up some potatoes last night
and refrigerated them.
This morning I peeled and
shredded them.  I used between
5-8 small to medium potatoes.

 Add the potatoes to the 
sausage.  Fry til golden brown.
In a small bowl whisk together
5 eggs and a little milk.



Pour this over top the potatoes & sausage.
Cook and stir til eggs are done.


Serve with shredded cheddar cheese
on top.
Hot sauce optional.


-----------------------------------
 
Where oh where did my little
blog go, oh where oh where 
could it be?

I have no idea what happened
to all the stuff I wrote about
earlier today went.  GRRRRR!
The auto draft save doesn't seem
to be working too well!
I looked and 90% of everything
I wrote earlier had disappeared!
So I'll have to do a quick recap.
Let's see how well my memory is!

-----------------------------------------

Went to the thrift store to 
drop off some donations.
Also went inside to pick up
Jonathan a few more pants
since he is going through a 
growth spurt.
$1.99 for each pair
also $1.99 for the shirt.
Since I cannot afford decorative
pictures I found some fabric
pillow shams to make some
decorative wall art out of.
I bought 2 large ones like
the one below for .99 cents each.

And a smaller sham for .59 cents.



Supper tonight will
be pork chops.


I put the bag of seasoned croutons
along with a handful of crispy
fried onions in the food processor.
I dipped the chops in Italian
dressing then into the crumb mixture.

I have 5 leftover boiled potatoes from
breakfast.  I cut each one in half
and have them warming in the
oven along side the pork chops.
I plan to use sour cream spinach
dip on the tops of the potatoes.
Like my idea of using a mini
muffin tin to hold the potatoes in the
oven, LOL.  It was handy so that's
what I used.

I got three pairs of Jonathan's
pants turned into shorts.
These were pants of his that
still fit good around the waist
but was getting too short.

First I used another pair
of his shorts to determine the length.
I cut it a little longer to add
for hem allowance.


Then instead of dragging out
all my sewing stuff I used 
clothes pins to hold the hem
while I sewed it.
I have clothes pins readily 
available in my kitchen utensil
drawer since I use them for bags
and chips.






--------------------------------------



No comments:

Post a Comment