Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

3-23-11


Kool Aid Lip Gloss



Ingredients


1/4 C. Crisco solid shortening

1 pkg. Kool-Aid (any desired flavor)
Directions

Melt Crisco in microwave with Kool-Aid already mixed in. Store in jar with tight fitting lid. To use, apply to lips as often as desired.

OR

1 tbs petroleum jelly (melted)
4 drops stevia (or 1 tsp honey melted)
a few drops of kool aid (1 packet dissolved in 1/4 tsp water)
1/4 tsp mint extract (optional)
----------------------------------------

8:00am

I primed a portion of the one
hallway/living room wall.
That's where I tinkered with
faux paint yesterday.
The kids liked the paint
so maybe I can do an accent wall
in the dining room with faux paint.
Christopher made the comment,
"it looked like a hotel wall."


--------------------------------------


9:00-10:00am

Mom called and asked
if I wanted to go to Meijers with her.
I didn't have any grocery shopping to
do but went along because I needed
some cheap black spray paint.
I got the spray paint and then just lingered
around the store til mom was done
shopping.  I found a couple things
to put back for either birthdays
or Christmas.  I'm wanting to start
stocking up now and throughout the
Summer on Christmas gifts.

Here's what I got-

2 kids fishing tackle boxes
with sinkers, hooks, bobbers,
soft baits & stringer.
Originally $15
marked down 75% off to $3.75
Plus 10% Meijer discount of .37 cents
made it $3.38!
I saved $22.34 on both tackle boxes!! 

My oldest son works for Meijers
so I get a 10% discount!
I also found an open faced
fishing real.
Was $13
marked down 75% off made it $3.25
minus my 10% discount
made it $2.93!
I saved $10.07!!

-----------------------------------

Actress Elizabeth Taylor Dies, NBC News Reports

 

---------------------------------

 

10:30-11:00am

Got my lamps spray painted

and all the glass washed up.

Now have to wait for everything

to dry before I put it all

back together.

I still need to see if Tony

can figure out how to

get the light bulb socket

removed from them

so my candles can fit in 

there better.



-------------------------------


Painting tip-

Put a small amount of

trim or touch up paint

into a resealable container

like a butter bowl,

peanut butter jar or

ziploc type plastic container.

This makes it easy to carry

and hold when doing trim.

Plus when done just

place the top back on

and it won't go bad or dry up.

 

-----------------------------------------

4:20pm


HAIL YEAH!

 

 
 


---------------------------


I finally got one wall painted

including trim, woo hoo,

ok it was the smallest wall,

but hey it's complete, lol.

There are reflections of 

light on the wall from the window.

I got one of the lights somewhat

put together.  I was not able to use

the glass with the flameless

candle since it was too big.

Will keep my eye out for 

a few more lights.

I like this idea.



--------------------------


5:00pm


We had diced potatoes

fried up with some Italian sausage

and stir fry sauce for supper.

These were leftover potatoes

I had from making my potato

soup yesterday.  I still have about

4 pounds left that are in a pot

boiling.  Not sure what I will use

them for yet.


Ever play real Hot Potato???

LOL!


-----------------------------------


6:00pm


Gave Tony a haircut tonight.

Only one more to go but not tonight though.

My step-dad wants his hair cut also.

That will be 5 hair cuts I will have

given in about a weeks time.

So how much is a haircut for men?

About $15-$20?

I really don't know as my children

have never seen a barber.



6:30pm


I started painting the lower half of

the dining room wall.

It looks sooo different not 

seeing the reddish-orange color

on the wall.  

 

--------------------------

8:45pm


I just died my honey's hair

with the free bottle of

Just For Men that I got.

I'm starting to feel like

a beautician or hair dresser

around here, lol!

 

9:00pm

Well, my Ghost Hunters show

is about to come on.

I think they are trying something

different this week by bringing

a dog in.  The one week

where they wore shoulder

cameras about made me sick

and dizzy.  I had to eventually

change the channel to something

else. Hope they don't

do that anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment