Search This Blog

Friday, April 22, 2011

4-22-11

9:45am

Sitting here trying to wake up.
I noticed some movement outside
our front room window.

There's a squirrel in our birdfeeders.
Only for a moment though as
he had trouble hanging on.  As
he adjusted himself he could only
grab onto the middle pole and
slid down it like a fireman, lol. 

---------------------------

11-11:30am


Made pancakes with sugar free syrup
and eggs for breakfast.
After breakfast I threw some stuff
in the crock for chili.

1 pound sweet italian ground sausage- $1.89
1 large can diced tomatoes with liquid- .49 cents
2 cans tomato soup- $.98 cents
1 large can Busch's baked beans- .69 cents


Total cost- $4.05
Makes about 3 meals
or 12 servings
@ .33 cents a serving


--------------------------


I also started making up some
pickled eggs.  This will be our
dyed eggs for Easter.


10 medium eggs- .30 cents
can of beets with liquid- .33 cents
Other ingredients-
4 garlic cloves
dash of nutmeg
couple tablespoons malt vinegar
couple tablespoons diced onion
Frank's red hot sauce


-------------------------------


This afternoon we might visit
Five Below

at Easton.  Everything is 
$5 or less in this store.
I was just told about it yesterday.
This will be our first visit there
so will let you know how it turns out.
From what I was told it is in the
shopping center with Michaels
and Factory Card Outlet.

-------------------------

Five Below was ok.
The store didn't have a good flow
through it.  Too much zig zagging to 
see things.  Prices were ok.
I saw things that I could have gotten
cheaper elsewhere.
I bought some jeggins for $5.
Jeggins are leggins that look like
jeans.  Package said one size fits
all.  Got home and tried them on.
I wear a large and had a hard time
getting my butt in them.
You'd definately need a long
shirt to wear these.  They looked
painted on and show every crack
and crevice!
These will be returned!
Those seams and pockets
you see are not real, they
are pictures on the fabric.
My overall opinion of this store-
It would be a place to go when you
need a cheap gift for a birthday
or Christmas for a gift exchange
or stocking stuffers.
-------------------------

Got the pickled eggs done.


------------------------------------


4:20pm


Still doing good with my trying 
to cut back and eventually stop smoking.
It has taken me 5 days to smoke
1 pack of cigarettes!!
Now compare that to smoking
1-2 packs a DAY!

I'd say that's pretty darn good!
And no I don't feel like I snack
more on food either.  
I'll grab a piece of regular or
nicotine gum or a sucker instead
if I feel the urge.


----------------------------


I'll be glad when this rain goes
away.  My neck, shoulders and back
sure are aching lately.
Today the Alleve doesn't seem to be
working.  Maybe I should start
drinking the pectin grape juice.


-----------------------------------


Easter candy is ridiculously priced.
Especially when you have to buy more than
one bag, more than one chocolate bunny,
jelly beans and so on.
Tony went out tonight and bought
all the stuff.  He overheard an employee
saying the Easter stuff goes on sale
to 75% off on Monday.
I'm thinking about swooping up some
Easter stuff during that sale if it means
buying Easter candy.  I can freeze it
and then have it for next year.
I pay 25% of what it's worth
while everyone else pays 75%
more next year!!
I'm tired of these high mark ups
just because of a holiday!!


-----------------------------


Anyone like to read about old houses,
building or towns that once stood
in Ohio?
Here's some interesting sites
I like to visit.
Something to do on a rainy day.
They show you pictures of
old abandoned buildings, inside
and out and
any history about them.
There are also sections
of reported hauntings at
some of these locations.


-Forgotten Ohio-


-Grave Addiction-


-Illicit Ohio-
along with other locations


-Ohio Exploration Society-


-Ohio Forgotten-

-Rejected Memories-



No comments:

Post a Comment