Search This Blog

Sunday, April 10, 2011

4-10-11

9:30-12:00pm

Went to the flea market this morning
which had a lot of people but
was a little disappointing.
I did find a decorative
pole with lanterns for $3.00.
I can put tea light or flameless
candles in them.  I did see flameless
tea light candles at the Dollar Tree for a buck.
And I bought a gift for Christopher
for Christmas.  He didn't see me get it.
I want to start
picking up stuff here and there
and putting back for Christmas.
I got him a 7 VHS set of 
American Railroads for $7.00.
Before heading home we stopped
at University Village Kroger.
Got stuff for the coming week.
I've been staying just below $50
a week for groceries.
Last week it was $48 and today was $46.
I found these mark down deals.
a 5.5 pound package of chicken breasts
for $7.61.
I can make 5-6 meals with those.

2 pkgs of ground sweet italian sausage.
-fried taters & sausage
-chili

The Extra Value 10 pound bag of
potatoes went up.
It used to be $2.70.
Now it $3.10.
An increase here lately of almost .40 cents.

Well I need to start laundry
and working on getting Jonathan's
bed tore apart.
Here he is testing out his new
bed under the carport talking
on the phone to his friend.
I've sat on a few futons before
and they seemed uncomfortable,
hard and lumpy.  This one
is softer having springs inside it.
Probably more comfortable than
my own mattress, lol.

-----------------------------


4:00pm


Got supper going of taco salad.
I used leftover pork & rice from
yesterday's burritos, added a can
of tomato soup and a can
of baked beans.
Served over doritos with lettuce,
cheddar cheese, sour cream
& picante sauce.


Earlier I was trying to get a game
plan as to how to do our garden this
year.  I'd like to do a 3 foot border
along the chain link fence with boards
from last year's garden.  All the grass
will need to be removed and the ground
dug up.  
You can see that the yard has
somewhat of a slope.
And now the garden will
be on the same side as the rain barrels.
I could then run a soaker hose
from the rain barrels 
down the length of the garden.
At the moment I have the garden
hose attached to the barrels running
along the fence to keep them drained.
The water barrels will need some repair
done to them.  The WOW cable guy
moved them while full and the connectors
started breaking on them. GRRR!!!
Maybe I can find some concrete blocks
to put them on and take apart the
stand they are on to get them
away from the cable box.


------------------------------


5:15pm


So I'm in Jonathan's room sitting
on the floor taking screws out of his bed.
I decided to wiggle the screw driver into
the corner to see if the carpet would
pull back and it did.  Wallah, lookie
what I found...

-------------------------------------


6:45pm

Finally got Jonathan's futon moved
into his room and his old bed moved out.


-----------------------------------
I found these coupons earlier
today at Thorntons ? gas station.
.55 cents off any Oscar Mayer product.
Doubles to $1.10 off!!
I used one already on a lunchable
at Kroger for Christopher's lunch
this week.  The 5th grade class is
going to Cincinatti to visit the
Freedom center on Thursday.
Hey at least someone gets to
go to Cincinatti, lol.  I was supposed
to go for winning the Downy scent
contest but they had a change of plans.





Meijers has Oscar Mayer bologna
on sale this week for $1.00 so 
with these coupons it would make it free.
I would also like to use them on
some bacon some time when
I see a sale.  They don't expire til
September so I have plenty of
time to wait for a good deal.

Other items from Oscar Mayer include-
Carving Board cut meats,
Deli Fresh cut/sliced meats,
hot dogs, bacon, bologna &
lunchables.
------------------


7:45-8:00pm+

Sitting here watching the show Cops.
Started hearing sirens that weren't
on the tv.  They were getting closer and
closer.  Next thing is we see two cop
cars going full speed down our street.
They went further down the street and stopped
for a brief moment.  Then they split up
along with a few more cop cars
and started searching our neighborhood.
Stopping and looking at every intersection,
every alley.  I called mom to lock her
doors and ordered the kids to stay in the
house behind locked doors.
8:10 and I saw a few cops still
lurking around.  What's surprising is
everyone is asking where is the 
helicopter?  That is a familiar site
in our neck of the woods everyday
but today.  Jonathan called his
friend who lives about three
streets away and his friend
says they have cops cruising
the streets, walking with rifles
and pistols in hand and riding
bicycles.  It's been quiet for
the last couple of moments so
don't know what is up.  Guess
I'll have to watch to see if anything
shows up on the news.
Just turned on the scanner.
For those of you in the Columbus
area you can listen to the police,
fire and ems scanner online.
Not hearing anything or seeing
anything and it's 8:21.
So hopefully it's over with.


I just thought it was weird we
was watching cops on tv to begin with.


Ok I gotta get back to doing laundry
and throw a couple kids in the shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment