Search This Blog

Saturday, April 2, 2011

4-2-11

7:30-8:00am

Painted some of the walls in the hallway
before everyone got up.
Paint's still wet in photos.






Lookie here what we've got
for breakfast, a double yoker!
One superstition says that a double
yoke egg means a marriage
is coming up soon.  Next month
my brother-in-law is getting married.
I'm hoping it means good luck
because we sure could use some
around here!
My honey, last night before bed,
made up some eggs for egg
sandwiches this morning.
Less hassle when going places.
All we had to do was warm them
up in the microwave and slap
them on some bread this morning.
He's catching on with the making
of convenience foods :0)

------------------------------------
And here is my son who is 
catching onto thriftiness.
He saw a pair of hiking boots
I had put in a donation box.
They were too small for me.
He pulled them out, tried them
on and they fit perfectly.
I never thought about seeing
if the kids could wear them.
So I give him a lot of credit
with his find!
Me and the kids wear the same
sizes when it comes to shoes,
socks and some pants/jeans
and t-shirts.
So we do share some things
that are unisex. 


--------------------------------


9:00am


Heading out to see if the church
sale is still on.  The last time
we went they had it outdoors.
So we'll see.


-------------------------------------





11:00am


Just returned home from the church
sale and Kroger.


I got a swivel seat cushion for
Tony to use in his car/truck $3.00.
Drive Medical AGF-300 - Deluxe Swivel Seat Cushion
A picture for my wall $2.00.
Want to use it in my kitchen which
has a grape and cream border.
Plan to hang it up over the 
phone outlet on the wall to
cover the ugly up.



And a set of Radio Shack
walkie talkies $3.00.
10 mile range.
They go for about $25 on Ebay.
I won't get the kids cell phones.
I think they are too young for them!
So when they go out to play on
our street they will take along
a walkie talkie with them clipped
to their pants or put it in the 
cup holder on their bicycle.


-------------------------------------


12:00pm




Threw some pork ribs ($3.52)
and a bottle of Kraft brown sugar
BBQ sauce (.86 cents)
also rinsed out bbq bottle half full
of water into
the crock on high for supper.
Once done will shred pork, remove fat
and serve over some 
mashed potatoes (1.00 cents)
This is another one of our favorite meals.
I call it Rib Buster.
Total cost: $5.38
Should serve about 8 
@ .67 cents a serving.


------------------------------------


6:10pm








-------------------------------------
 
 
6:30pm
I really need to clean my windows!


----------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment