Search This Blog

Saturday, April 23, 2011

4-23-11

12:45pm

Went down to the flea market
on the south end.  Not many people
there and admission was free.
Didn't find anything.

From there we went to 
the flea market not far from
there.  Found Jonathan a couple
birthday gifts that he picked out.
This t-shirt is new with tags.
it has a working guitar on the front.
It came with a pick and a battery
operated amplifier which hides in
a pocket under the bottom of the shirt.
$3.99


Heelys shoes with
removable wheels.
$6.99
Wasn't too thrilled about
that price but it's his birthday coming
up and he's been wanting a pair
for the last year.
They're $40 to $80 for a new
pair so $6.99 didn't look to bad.


I found 2 can racks for 
.90 cents each.  I used them
for cans in my pantry closet instead
of pop cans in the fridge like
they were meant to be used for.


From the thrift store we went to Lowes.
It was 10:50 am.  They were supposed
to have free trees they were giving away
a total of a million for all stores.
I asked and was told they didn't have 
any more.  I saw tomato and pepper
plants on sale for .50 cents each.
These plants were producing little
yellow flowers already which isn't
good this early in the year.
Read-

I passed on those though because I just
bought 6 cherry tomatoes plants for $1.69,
6 early girl tomato plants for $1.69
and 6 banana pepper plants for $1.69.
To have bought 6 of these plants 
from Lowes would have cost $3.
I paid $5.07 for 18 plants from Menards.
They are cheaper to buy at 
Menards for $1.69 a 6 pack
which is .28 cents a plant
and they're pretty decent sized plants.
In the little cups we have
on left a sunflower and on right
some marigolds that Christopher
brought home from school
a week ago.  It was just dirt in a cup
then and they just started sprouting.
Now, where to put a huge sunflower
in the yard?  lol.
The other veggie plants were
bought about a week and a half ago.
-------------------------------

We didn't go to the Easter egg hunt
today as we felt the field where
they usually have it would be 
too wet and muddy.

-------------------------------

1:15pm

The kids have a birthday party
to go to at 3:00.  Just got done
throwing them each in the shower
and getting them cleaned up.
Now I need to go wrap a few
gifts we got at Five Below yesterday.


1:30pm


Just took a ham out of the freezer
for tomorrow's supper.
I got it for $4.53 for almost 7 pounds.


Tomorrow morning I'll put it in the crock.
Baste every so often with a mixture of
warmed 1/3 cup butter,
1/2 cup brown sugar
and 1/4 cup honey.
You could also slice criss crosses across the
surface and add cloves between them.
I also have some frozen pinapple juice
I saved from canned pineapples.
I plan to mix this with a little
honey mustard and brown sugar
and inject it into the ham.
I read to inject about 2 ounces per each 
pound of ham.


Also thinking about some
homemade scalloped potatoes 
to go with it.

-------------------------------

3:00pm


Dropped the kids off at a birthday
party then headed to Kroger
to get some bread, honey and
brown sugar for tomorrow's ham.
Found some Easter flowers marked
down.  Picked up a bunch for
mom for Easter.
Was $10 marked down to $2.50.\
I used my own vase and ribbon.




No comments:

Post a Comment