Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

4-12-11

8:45am

I need to work on making more
laundry soap today.  I gave mom about
3/4ths of what I had last time so need
to make another 5 gallon batch.
It costs about $1.25 per 5 gallons
and will last up to 4 months
for a family of 4.

---------------------------------

So I was reading about homemade
laundry detergent when I stumbled
upon some more home remedies
I thought I would share.


Castor oil for itching
and brusies.

Cinnamon lowers blood sugars
for diabetics.

2 teaspoons in 3 ounces of grape juice
three times a day.
Then can be reduced to 1 teaspoon
in 3 ounces of grape juice once daily.
OR
1 tablespoon in 8 ounces of grape juice daily.
Supposed to work great on people
with nerve damage so might have
to give this one a try.
Will have to find a sugar
free juice to put the pectin in though
due to hubby being diabetic.
Also works on arthritis, back, knee
and other pain.
Don't know about fibromyalgia.
It's worth a try though!
For a 96 ounce bottle of juice
use 12 tablespoons pectic which
is 1.5 packets of certo pectin.

---------------------------------------


10:00am


Just made my laundry detergent.
I made it a little different this time.
Melt 1/3 bar of zote with water
in a pot.  Add to a 5 gallon bucket.
Stir in 1 cup borax & 1 cup
washing soda.  I also added
a whole bottle of green apple
scented suave hair conditioner.
Mainly for scent and to have
a detergent that has a fabric
softener in it.
This still runs in the same price range
of $1.25.  I left
out the oxiclean and added
conditioner which was only
like .25 cents with coupons.


---------------------------------




3:25pm


I was able to turn in some of
my points earned with taking
surveys to get another $25 gift
card to GameStop.  
I'll have gotten two of them so far this year
so $50 put back for Christmas time. 
Every little bit helps.


-----------------------------


Tonight and Thursday my honey
has the on call pager.  He has to make up
for when he should of had it
but ended up taking off work
because of his back.

Tomorrow he decided to take
the day off instead of claiming
the over time from this past
weekend with the pager.
He'll still end up with a couple
hours though.

Might go to Kroger tomorrow to get
a few extra things for Christopher's
school lunch for his field trip on Thursday.
And I wanted to get picnic things
to keep in the truck while running 
around during vacation time
like a case of pop, snacks
and sandwich items.  Would be
much cheaper than eating out.
I don't know what we're doing
or where we're going just yet but
due to gas prices it will be
in the Columbus area.


I also want to look into getting
some pectin and grape juice for
Tony and give that a try and see
if it will help his back and other pains.
I had never heard of this home remedy
before today.  If you google
pectin for pain it comes up with
460,000 pages so there has to
be something about it that works.


And I was gonna see about getting
some probiotic capsules.
You could also eat yogurt daily.
I read an email article about it this
morning.  Low probiotics in your stomach
or intestines can lead to anxiety and
depression along with some rhinitis allergies
and bowel problems.  It's a newer
study that came out that linked
the two together.  I have pretty much
all the above.  I've been to the doctor
and hospitals for some of those things
and they keep coming back or
never go away.
I have panic/anxiety attacks, I've had
bouts with diarrhea which lead to
dehydration and trips to the ER.
I've had rhinitis, sinusitis and some allergy 
problems.  So figured why not try
this.  What have I got to lose other
than a couple dollars for OTC pills.
Cheaper than a doctor's visit and
prescriptions that don't do much anyway.
I like to try natural home remedies when
I can instead of being drugged up
on something the doctor gives me.
Dr. Mercola

Edmonton TV




----------------------------


5:50pm


I've been trying to roll over
some of our leftovers from one
day to another.
Yesterday I opened a large can
of diced tomatoes and only used
half for stuffed peppers.
Today I made goulash and used
up the remaining tomatoes.
Mom had gotten us a package
of sub buns today from the
senior center for free so used
some of those with supper
as garlic bread.
Goulash


2 boxes macaroni- $1.00
1/2 can diced tomatoes- .35 cents
1/2 package of Italian sausage
cut into small pieces- .70 cents
bacon bits- free
parmesan- .25 cents
2 sub buns- free
butter & garlic powder- .05 cents


Total cost: $2.35
serves 8 @ .29 cents a serving
4 servings with garlic bread
&  4 servings without.


Then for tomorrow's supper
I'll rollover the 4 remaining
sub buns and make them into
pepperoni pizzas cutting each
in half and serving two halves
to everyone.


----------------------------------

6:30pm

Trying to find things to do next
week during vacation.


On Mondays at the Bethel Rd.
Cinemark Theater they have 
.75 cents admission for parties
of 3 or more.

Ohio Historical Center 

Creekside Park in Gahanna




------------------------------


8:15pm


I am having one of my sweet tooths
again.  Women tend to get that.
I find some microwavable caramel
corn from orville redenbacker.
Don't buy this crap!  It burnt
and wasn't even half popped.
So I threw out the popcorn but
still had this packet of caramel.
Can't let that go to waste, lol.
So I's get me out a box of peanut
butter cookie mix, make it up
according to directions.
I pulled them out of the oven
a minute or two before done
and squeezed the caramel
on top and returned to oven
for the last two minutes.

Ain't the prettiest but
it's good mood food
in a jiffy
and hit the sweet spot!

--------------------------------

9:25pm


Time to head to bed with my book.
Me and my honey are thinking
about going out to breakfast at Tee-Jays
tomorrow, then to Kroger and
then over to Hayden Falls and maybe
Indian Run Falls which I never knew
about or seen til I looked up Hayden Falls. 
Or maybe a movie as we haven't 
made up our mind just yet.
It'll be like a mini mom and dad vacation
day before the family vacation next week.

Then we need to buy a new radiator
for our truck.  It's been leaking pretty
good and a couple of doses of
Stop Leak isn't curing it.
So this really sucks.  We're
hoping my step-dad can get us
a discount where he used to work at.
At the moment are comparing
prices between 5 auto parts stores.
Looks like it might run around $200.
oucher!


----------------------------


10:40pm


I finally figured out what happened
yesterday with all the cop cars
and helicopter that we saw near here.
It was briefly on the news tonight.
A guy was robbed at gunpoint while
sitting in his car.  He chased them down
in his own car and flagged down a cop.
They must of been driving the black
car I saw surrounded by police cars
and another was a gold color car behind
it all which was probably the man
who was robbed chasing them.
WTTE 28 News.
I would have never known the news broadcast
was about this specific incident had
it not been for the street signs
at the intersection of where it took place that
they showed at the very end of this story.
Then it dawned on me that is what
took place yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment