Search This Blog

Friday, April 15, 2011

4-15-11

1:00pm

Whew I am tired!  We did about
10 garage sales then accidentally
happened upon a church sale this
morning.  It was a lot of walking!

I got the kids new coats for next Winter
and 2 new pairs of gloves.
Coats $2 each
gloves .50 cents each


I've been wanting a scale.
I've priced them at the thrift store
for $5 for digital ones that didn't
even work.  I found a basic
one for $2.00
 I got myself (or the kids)
2 pair of pants.
.25 cents each
 A new in box reed diffuser
.50 cents
I have been wanting some beadboard
for the bathroom but couldn't afford it.
I even priced the faux beadboard wallpaper
on Ebay for around $30 a 30 foot roll.
Today I found three 50 foot paintable rolls
of wallpaper for $1.00 each.

 I got this exercise mat for Tony
to use while working under cars.
.25 cents
 I got all of the below in
a freebie box at a yard sale.
coffee travel mug,
2 containers of lock de-icer,
hand gel &
3 bubble glasses.
 A Yankee Candle brand
tart warmer $1.00


 Just a day or so ago Tony said
that we needed another shower curtain.
Found a new one in package today
at a yard sale for .75 cents.


And lastly, the biggie, lol.
I ran across a side by side refrigerator
at a yard sale of all places.  
It was a bisque color
which would match our other appliances.
We've been wanting a side by side
with ice and water in the door
but after looking at the prices
of even used ones, could not afford one.
The space we have for a fridge
is exactly 33 inches wide which
would be a tight squeeze.  We could not
find any fridges like that any smaller
in width!  We looked everywhere.
This fridge at the yard sale
measured 32.5 inches wide!
It was plugged in, in their garage
and was being used as a pop fridge
because they just remodeled their
kitchen.  This older couple had
a price of $100 on it.  I asked if it
was negotiable and he said yes.
So I asked what their bottom dollar was
and he said $75.  I was like, sold!
Actually I put a $10 deposit on it
and we go pick it up later this evening
once Tony gets off work.
It's up around the Hoover Dam area
in Westerville.
Don't have an actual picture
but I think it looks like this
one below.
I could turn around and possibly
sell our fridge for $50 to $75
and break even on the purchase of this one!!
 image 2307595093-0
image 2307595093-1

Kendra-
Once we get this fridge
I'll have the water cooler up for
sale for $15 and that will include
the 5 gallon jug on top.
It is only a cold water & room temp. cooler
and works very well.
We used it all last year during the Summer
up until the late Fall when we unplugged it
because we didn't have a use
for it during cooler weather.
A new water cooler could
run $80 to $150.
These here on craigslist
are very similar to the one I have.
$60
$65
So $15 seems like a pretty good price.


-------------------------


8:30pm


Just returned home with the fridge.
I'm not one who likes to make
decisions on my own when it comes
to purchasing large items.
I usually have my honey around
to consult with and this time
around all I could do when I 
found this fridge was talk to
him over the phone about it.
I'm glad he trusted me with it
as he really likes it and says
I did good with it and the price.
Whew!!  (wiping my brow, lol)
Tomorrow we'll work on getting
it in the house.  I'm just too tired
tonight.  I hope it all works out.
We have to run water lines to
it for the water and ice maker
in the door.  It makes crushed and
cubed ice and has a light for the water.  
That'll be so nice, not
having to make ice cubes!
Which seems to be mostly my
job around here.
Heading to bed soon so
nighty night.

No comments:

Post a Comment