Search This Blog

Friday, April 8, 2011

4-8-11



2:50pm

Finally home since about 
8:20 this morning.
I only found a few things of
interest at the church sale.
a fabric decorative rooster for .25 cents.
Two rolls of dimensional wallpaper
border for the bathroom.
It has a raised design on it.
.50 cents each roll.
It has an original price sticker
of $16.99 each x's 2 is $33.98.
That's crazy to pay those ridiculous
prices for wallpaper border.
It was from Home Place.
The name of the border is Tuscany
which fits perfect with my kitchen,
living & dining room theme.

 And a large bag of fake geranium
flowers I plan to put in my flower
pots on the porch.
I paid $1.00 for the whole bag. 
There was 5 bunches of flowers
in there.
Each one still had original price tags
of $7.99 each from Oakland Nursery.
$7.99 times 5 is $39.95.
There is no way in you know what
that I would pay that much for
fake flowers!!!

We then headed to the thrift store
on High St.  I found a shelf in there
originally priced at $6.99
and it was marked down 50% off
to $3.50.  I want to paint it the
Dover White color and hang it on 
the wall above the toilet in the bathroom.
It looks like it was a plate rack
because there are grooves in the shelves.

I just wanted to let you know I didn't
carry around measurements
for the space on the wall behind
the toilet.  Here is the shelf
sitting on the toilet.  I don't think I could
have found a shelf that would fit 
more perfect on that wall behind
the toilet!  Of course it will be painted
white, the old cupboard removed,
and this one hung in it's place.
And maybe I'd like the cyprus grass
paint a little more in there once
I put up the border.  The borders
has sage green leaves/ivy on it.

And lastly I agreed to go with
my mom and step-dad to the 
senior rec center to watch
a gospel concert.

And that's been my day so far.
I am so tired!
And in another half hour I should
get my second wind as youngsters
get off the school bus full of
piss and vinegar.

---------------------------------------

4:25pm


Got the first coat of paint on the
bathroom shelf.  And now that
I step back and look at it I kind
of like the look of the paint brush strokes
giving it an old look.  So we'll see if
I continue to paint more coats
to give it a clean white coat.


-----------------------------------


8:00pm


I decided to give the shelf it's 
2nd coat.  It'll probably take about
3-4 coats to make all white.
I knew Tony wouldn't be too happy
with me painting over the wood.
But come on now, the dark (and scratched)
wood doesn't really go with anything
we have. 


-------------------------------------




Government shut down?
What it could mean to you-

The most recent shutdown stretched from mid-December 1995 until early January 1996.
The longest a shutdown has lasted has been 21 days.
 
National museums and 368 national parks close their doors.

The State Department won’t issue new passports.

Recipients of government entitlement programs, such as Social Security, food stamps, Medicare, and Medicaid, would not experience a delay in payments, though new applications for any of these programs would likely be placed on hold.

Delays in getting home loans processed.

Who Will Not Be Affected?


  • Air Traffic Control


  • Any type of national security, border patrol, police, etc.


  • Since the post office is self funded they would be exempt.








  • No comments:

    Post a Comment