Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

4-26-11

7:30am

Sunday evening around 11:45pm
as I was laying in bed watching tv
I hear a noise outside.  As I got up
I saw flashing lights out front.
There was a firetruck and ambulance
at our neighbor's house caddy corner
from us to the left.
A couple moments later I saw
about 3 police cars. 
I knew something was
terribly wrong after seeing
the police.
Awhile later after the fire department
and ambulance left the police taped
off the front yard with the yellow
crime scene tape.  I got scared and worried.
Then I saw a guy pull up that I would
assume was a detective because
he wasn't in police attire and wore
a necklace with a badge attached to it.
I didn't sleep well.  Before noticing
something happening just right
outside my window I was watching 
some crime show on tv about a women
getting beaten and murdered.

Monday evening we noticed that
channel 10 was over at this house
interviewing the older man that lived there.
I had no clue as to what happened.
These are quiet and good people
over there.  They don't cause 
anyone any problems. 
We watched the news at 11pm
last night and I was horrified as to
what had happened a hop, skip and
a jump right behind the wall
where I was watching tv.

The elderly man had just picked up
his wife from the airport and
was returning home Easter night
at 11:30pm.  He had run into
the house to use the restroom
while his wife was still getting
out of the car.  When he returned
he found her slumped over the hood
of the car holding her head.  He couldn't
of imagined what had happened to
her in that short of time.  She said
it felt like someone had hit her really
hard in her head with a board.
He laid her down on the front step
and saw that she was bleeding really bad
and was in and out of consciousness. 
And at 11:45pm is when I saw
the firetrucks and ambulance
over there.

I don't know what feeling to describe
this incident.  I'm pissed that someone
had the balls to do this to an older person.  
Who was it
and where did they come from?
What were there intentions because
I don't believe she was robbed of
anything.  Who's lurking in the shadows
around here!!??  That could of been one
of us!  Now I am worried about
ourselves, kids and other neighbors
with some psycho running around
here on the loose.  I feel so bad that
this happened to this couple.  
You see stuff on the news all the time
but when it happens within feet of
just outside your front door 
it's another story. 
The lady is at Riverside and had
to have 60 stitches in her head!!!
This lady will never be the same again.
If she survives she will live in fear
because of that night.

I recorded the news episode on the DVR.
This took place right across the
street from our house!!
I'm worried, other neighbors are scared.
Some are talking about getting guns
for safety reasons. 

My video of Sunday just before midnight.
Pictures from my living room 
Monday evening.
And the news clip from the Monday
11:00 news last night.







To give you an idea of what 60 stitches
in the head would look like, here
is a man who was attacked by a bear.

Jim West needed 60 stitches on his head and body to close wounds from the bear attack.


 --------------------------
 
11:00am
Mom stopped by to drop off
some bread she got me from
the senior rec center.
I see some ham, egg and cheese rolls
in the near future for breakfast, lol.

As we were talking along the curbside
we saw channel 6 pull up.
There was no one home at
the one house across the street.
The news reporter, Steve Levine,
came over to us and asked if they
were home and a couple brief questions
and left a business card with me.
I had run into the house to get
something for mom.  And as I did
the phone was ringing.  Tony called
to say the school called him 
about Christopher having a 
101 degree temperature.
So off we go to the school to pick him up
then over to Kroger to pick up
some ibuprofen and a frozen
pizza for lunch since he didn't 
have lunch yet.

And I thought the first day home
after vacation and everyone going
back to work and school was
going to be a quiet and relaxing one,
yeah right!

-----------------------------

4:50pm

Mom got her new Insight cable installed
today.  I think I did really good
getting an appointment set
up for them to get another service
to save money.
I think they were paying around
$100 a month for phone and
basic cable with Wow.
And now with Insight they will
pay only $67 a month.
That's a savings of $33 a month or
almost $400 a year!!
They get more channels
including HD channels
and a couple movie channels
like Encor and Showtime.
Something they didn't get with Wow.


-----------------------------


6:00pm


Supper- Spaghetti


spaghetti- $1.00
can of hunts spaghetti sauce- $1.00
pound of deer burger- free
package of yeast rolls- free


Total cost $2.00
makes 6 servings
@ .33 cents a serving


-------------------------------


Don't ya love it when your honey
tells you the night before that
they're having a potluck at work
the next day?  AHHHHH!


Wish I had known this earlier
when I was at kroger.
I was brain storming as to what
I could make in the crock.
Mom gave me the idea of
sloppy joes so that's what
I'm gonna make.
I always go to AllRecipes
to find recipes which are
rated by people.
Here's the sloppy joe recipe
I will be making.
Sloppy Joes
The only difference is that
I'm gonna add Franks Red Hot sauce
to it because people at his work
likes food with a kick.
Thinking about maybe stopping
in Aldi's and pricing their
ground turkey to cut down the
price of making this for
15 or more people and you
figure about 2 sandwiches each
so enough for 30 sandwiches.


Might also pick up a card
for the people across the street
to let them know we are thinking of
them during this awful time they
are going through.
This is all we have been thinking
and talking about!

I used up a 6 pack of yeast rolls
mom got me today to make
egg, ham and cheese sandwiches
for breakfast.


---------------------------------



Went over to Aldis to get some
ingredients such as ground turkey.
The turkey is only $1.19 a pound
compared to about $2.99 a pound
for hamburger.


Sloppy Joes


3 pounds ground turkey fried
up with about a cup of diced onions
and a cup of diced green bell peppers.
Drain. Add a large bottle of medium
chunky salsa and about 3/4ths of
a bottle of ketchup.  Squirt in some
regular yellow mustard.  Then I added
about 2 handfuls of dark brown sugar
and a sprinkling of garlic powder.
I also added some Frank's Red Hot sauce
to the mix.  I put it all in the crock
pot and then into the fridge.


Cost for about 30 sandwiches- 
between $6-$7 


No comments:

Post a Comment