Search This Blog

Saturday, April 9, 2011

4-9-11

11:00am

We've been working on cleaning
house this morning and I got
two more coats of paint on the 
bathroom shelf for a total of 4 coats.

And I plan to remove this cabinet
and replace it with this shelf.
We need more storage space as you can see.
I told hubby if he didn't like
the new shelf I can always hang
the old one back up.
I left the wall anchors in the
wall when I removed the other
cabinet.  So we'll see.  Ya kinda
gotta get a feel for the new surrounding
to see if you like it or not.


-----------------------------




11:00-3:15pm


Been with my honey at his work
snaking a drain, cleaning up gunk
from nasty clogged drains,
using the shop vac to suck up
water all over floor &
replacing garbage disposal.
Smelled horrid.  Ranked up
there with the smell of an outhouse!
Ya know what's most annoying
is when a resident stands there
and watches you work the whole
time for about an hour or so!

Got all cleaned up now are back
home working on supper
after all that, lol.
My honey had to go back out
on another clogged drain call.


This morning I had put some
pork ribs with some leftover
sweet vidalia bbq sauce into the crock.
By the time we got back home you
could smell it cooking clear
out in the driveway, lol.
I got it all shredded up, fat and 
any bones removed.
Now are working on getting
some fajita & mexican rice made.
One done I'll add the pork to
the rice and make some burritos
out of a can of crescent rolls.


-------------------------------


My honey just called from work to
say he saw someone getting rid 
a futon setup.  Considering going
back over to his work after bit
and possibly getting it for Jonathan's
room.  We had talked about getting
him a futon.  And once again like
mom always says, when I want
or need something, it falls into my lap, lol.


-------------------------


4:00pm


Got the burritos made and in the oven.
I still ended up with a large bowl
of rice and pork.  So will have to
figure out another meal with those
leftovers, maybe a taco salad.




Burritos


8 count large crescent rolls $1.79
pkg pork ribs $2.83
leftover sweet vidalia bbq sauce- free
1 fajita rice $1.00
1 spanish rice $1.00
shredded mexican cheese $2.00
small amount of picante sauce .25 cents


Taco Salad


leftover rice & pork
leftover shredded mexican cheese
doritos nacho cheese- $2.00
lettuce- .25 cents
picante sauce- .25 cents


Total cost for above: $11.37
serves about 12 @ .94 cents a serving.
2 family meals (8 servings)
4 single lunch meals.
---------------------------------------

6:45pm


After some struggling I finally got
the shelf on the wall in the bathroom.
It was not easy and I wasn't
going to let it win.
I still have a few touch ups
with paint to do.
I found a small, spring loaded,  curtain rod I put on the bottom
of the shelf to use as a towel bar.
The curtain rod you might as well
consider free as I only paid .25 cents
for a bundle (about 10) of them
at a church sale last year.



So far the costs for bathroom makeover-
$3.50 shelf
paint for shelf- free
paint for walls- free
2 rolls of wall border $1.00/2
fabric for shower curtain- $2.99
and I'm not too sure how much
it will cost to redo our tub
ourselves. 

-------------------------------------


8:15pm


Just got home with the futon
for Jonathan's room.
Boy that just barely fit in the 
back of the Suburban.
Free is good but it sure is a lot
of hard work!
Now my back is hurting. 


The people getting rid of it
had Value City moving new
furniture into their apartment today.
Out with the old and in with the
new for them.
Out with the old and in with the
old for us, lol.

We took the screws out of the 

back rest and laid it down on the 
seated area to fit it in the truck.  
A very nice microfiber
mattress with springs inside it.
This is a newer futon frame as it
has braces built into the under side of it.
The older ones didn't have these and were known to
bend in the middle and that's
why many of them got thrown out.
Tomorrow I plan to vacuum,
wipe down and steam sanitize/disinfect
the mattress. Then start the task of taking
apart Jonathan's twin bed
and moving it out to move this one in.
My back's hurting tonight
from loading this thing!
I found this exact futon on Ebay
for $200 used!  So that's how much
I saved with this freebie!
I can't find anymore like it with
the bars on the arms.  Don't know
who makes it.


I'll have better pics tomorrow
once it gets set up and we figure
out how to move it down
a hallway and around a corner
to his bedroom.


-----------------------


9:20pm


Just pulled some chocolate chip
pumpkin bars out of the oven.
I had a sweet tooth and just
started throwing stuff in a bowl, lol.
box of chocolate chip cookie mix,
1 can sweetened condensed milk,
1 small can pumpkin,
egg,
1/2 cup butter,
allspice, nutmeg, ginger & cinnamon.


Put in a greased casserole dish.
baked 350 for 35 minutes.




Ok y'all, I'm tired and hurting and
are going to retire to bed soon.
We might get up early tomorrow
morning and sneak off to the flea
market before the stupid pager
goes off.  I'm hoping residents
are sleeping in tomorrow.
and won't have any emergency
calls before noon.
I think hubby got about 6 hours
overtime at work today.
----------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment