Search This Blog

Friday, April 29, 2011

4-29-11

7:45am

Getting the kids on the bus soon then
me and mom will be heading to some
yard sales.  Will let you know how
it turns out.

-------------------------------

1:15pm

Yard sales sucked today.
I only got two items.
-Street sign picture frame- $1.00
(for my oldest son for Christmas)
-4 mini champagne glasses
with chocolate strawberry candles inside
them- .50 cents  (for BIL's wedding)

Stopped in Menards thinking
their sale was going on now
and was going to get some toilet
paper.  It doesn't start til tomorrow
so I browsed the garden area.
I bought a raspberry and blueberry
plant for $4.99 each.
Tony can consider this my Mother's
Day present.  For Mother's Day
I always request something that I can
plant that will come back yearly.
No flower bouquets that are costly
that die and are pitched in the trash.
To me that's a waste of money.


When I returned home the neighbor
asked if I wanted some clippings
from their lilac bush because they
are thinking about trimming it
down a lot.  
So I went over and got a small
kitchen trash bag of clippings.
I'll pass half of these onto
mom and the rest I'll enjoy in 
a vase on our table.  I might try to dry some
and some I might try to see if
I can get to grow roots to be able
to plant a few lilac bushes here
and at mom's house.


---------------------------------


5:00pm


Supper-


I had ham and potatoes that needed used
up so came up with this concoction for supper.


Peeled then shredded about 4-5 potatoes
into a pot with cold water and a splash
of lemon juice.  This will keep my potatoes
from turning brown while putting
everything else together.
In a greased casserole dish I added
a can of cream of chicken soup,
about a 1/2 cup sour cream
and a couple tablespoons butter.
Salt & peppered then mixed together.
Next I added in about 1 cup
cubed ham, 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
and 1/4 cup diced yellow onions.
Added a little more salt & pepper
along with garlic powder.
Potatoes will absorb the salt
so more is needed when working
with potatoes.
Stir together. 
I then drained the potatoes 
and mixed them into the soup mix
with my hands.  I felt they got
better combined that way.

And lastly added 4 slices
of Swiss cheese on top.
Bake at 375 degrees for about 
an hour.


--------------------------------------


9:30pm


Every year after getting our tax refund
we set aside a little bit to use
on something we might need around
the house.  This year we had
an allowance of $300 and
It was a toss up of either another
fridge, a new queen mattress
or a riding mower.
And because we saved so much
by purchasing our fridge for
$75 we were able to get a 
riding lawn mower with the remaining
money left over.  The mattress will
have to wait til next year.


We priced new riding mowers at
Lowes and they run about $999
to over $2,000.

The mower we got is a Toro
Wheelhorse Recycler
rear engine mower.
It's a smaller mower and just the
right size for our yard.  Didn't really
need a full sized mower.
Looks like this one below.
Almost looks like a go-cart, lol.
Briggs & Stratton motor.
And the guy also threw in a free,
new in the box, battery charger to go with it.
toro wheel horse 8-25 ride on lawn mower

No pictures as it's in the suburban.
Yet another reason for wanting 
a smaller mower- needed to
fit inside Suburban to be able
to haul it home. 
While we have a perfect running,
not self propelled,
walk behind mower, the reason
for needing another one is that
my honey has developed arthritis
in his hips, has nerve damaged feet
from diabetes and now is
having problems with his back.
This would make it easier 
to get the grass mowed
without suffering the consequences
with joint or foot pain later on.
We could also ride it just down
the street and mow my mom and
step-dad's grass if needed and when they
can no longer do it.

I'm tired.  This lawn mower was out
in Pickerington so it was a little
drive to get there.  On the way home
we took Main St. and saw a Marathon
selling gas at $4.25 a gallon.
It hurt my eyes to see that!!


Well all, I'm heading to bed soon
as it's almost 10:00pm.
Early wake up call tomorrow
morning.  Heading down to the flea market.
Hopefully it's much better this
weekend than last.
The weather is supposed to
be nice tomorrow.


10:00pm


OK one more thing before I go.
My honey just got back from Speedway
just down the street and he said
that it looked like someone may
have gotten hit on a bicycle.
No police were on the scene yet
when he went passed
until he went in and came 
back out of Speedway then
sirens and emergency vehicles
everywhere shutting down the road.
  He says the bicycle
had a flashing led light on it
as he could still see it flashing
underneath the mini van.
Terrible!


--------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment